Updated Monday November 13, 2017 by Mason Youth Softball.
Age Cut-off – MYS has aligned the age of Junior Softball and Senior fastpitch players in each league with USSSA. Both Junior Softball and Senior Fastpitch softball leagues have a December 31st cutoff.
MYS Leagues for 2018
(overview information only; for more details refer to the MYS Rule Book)
We offer 3 softball leagues which are administered by an elected Director:
Junior Softball (6u, 8u) is instructional and is for girls age 5 – 8. MYS plays in the North Cincy Softball League and plays other MYS teams and teams from nearby communities.
Senior Fastpitch Softball (10u, 12u, 14u, & High School Division) is USSSA fastpitch softball and plays against teams from Mason and surrounding communities in the North Cincy Softball League. Games may require minimal travel to nearby cities (e.g. Lakota, Loveland, Kings, etc).
Junior League Softball has two levels:
- 6U is for girls who are five (5) or six (6) as of Dec 31. Players get 3 pitches from a coach. If the ball is not put into play the batter hits off the tee. A regulation game is 4 innings. Standings are not kept and each player will receive a participation trophy or plaque.
- 8U is for girls who are seven (7) or eight (8) as of Dec 31. A coach pitches the entire game. Each batter gets a maximum of 6 pitches or 3 swinging strikes. If a ball is not put into play after 6 pitches or 3 swings, the batter is out. A regulation game is 5 innings. Standings are kept in these leagues. In addition, MYS holds a postseason tournament for all 8U teams with the format determined by the number of teams participating.
Fastpitch Softball has four levels: [Follows local chapter USSSA fast pitch rules.]
- 10U is for girls who are at least nine (9) and still ten (10) as of Dec 31.
- 12U is for girls who are at least eleven (11) and still twelve (12) as of Dec 31.
- 14U is for girls who are at least thirteen (13) and still fourteen (14) as of Dec 31.
- High School is for girls any age between 9th grade and 12th grade.
Indoor Clinics and Practices:
- We offer a free indoor winter clinic to girls in the 8u and 10u leagues. The Clinic is hosted by the Mason High School Softball team. It's a fantastic event in Mid-February!
- MYS offers free indoor training facilities to 10u, 12u, and 14u teams. Limited sessions per team based on annual budget.
- MYS is coordinating pitching clinics... details to come in December/January
- Outdoor practices start in early April at Heritage Oak Park on Rt 42. Fields and times will be assigned to each team.
- Teams will have two practices/week through April.
- 14 games will be played between late April and late June
- When games start, regularly scheduled practices end.
- Typically, two games are played per week.
- Rainouts will generally be rescheduled as best possible.
All Star Game:
- An MYS All-Star Game is played in June. This is a very popular event!
- A season-ending tournament will be held June 23-24, 2018.
- 8u, 10u, 12u, 14u brackets
This article has No Comments.
You must be a member of the League and logged in to
post comments. Login here.